Players 40+ years old and 20 and under are dominating the league. It’s amazing what is happening. I’ll start with the 40 year olds.
1. Jaromir Jagr: This may be Jagr’s final season of his career. In his first game as a Dallas Star, he had 4 points with 2 goals and 2 assists. Now, he is only 10 assists away from being the 12th player in history to reach 1,000.
2. Ray Whitney: Ray Whitney, also a Dallas Star has one more year left after this one. He also has 2 goals and 2 assists. He has been very active out there, getting many chances. Last year, he had 77 points in 82 games for Phoenix. It looks like he is going to have 40-50 points in this 48 game season.
3. Teemu Salanne: He also has 4points, with 2 goals and 2 assists. This is most likely his last year, also.
Next are the 20 and under players.
1. Jeff Skinner: For the Carolina Hurricanes, Skinner has 4 goals already, with a 2 goal game in the win vs the Sabres. He’s not a rookie, but he is still very young. He has had very good chemistry with Jordan Staal.
2. Jonathan Huberdeau: The 19 year old Florida Panther has been great. He’s got 3 points in 4 games. He looks like he’s going to be the future of the team.
3. Cory Conacher: This guy is over 20, but he is still a rookie. He came out of Canisius college, and played for Nolfork in the AHL last season. He put up 80 points in 75 games. This year, he already has 7 points in 4 games for Tampa Bay, with 2 goals and 5 assists.
4. Dougie Hamilton: This defenseman has been fantastic for the Bruins. He’s been very active, getting it done on both sides of the ice, fighting for the puck in the defensive end, then starting a break out. He’s setting up chances for his teammates in the offensive end as well.
5. Vladimir Tarasenko: The forward has been amazing for the Blues scoring multiple goals. He was a 16th overall pick in the 2010 draft, and he hasn’t disappointed.
6. Nail Yakupov: I can’t go without talking about this player, the number 1 overall pick in 2012. He has 2 goals in 3 games, the last goal tying up the game against the Kings in the 3rd period.